Here are the answers to the questions we get most often!
- Do you allow pets? Yes, we’re pet friendly!
- Pet Policies
- Pets may not be left outside, unattended at your site.
- Pets MUST be controlled on a leash at all times.
- Leashes must not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Owners must clean up after their pets. FREE disposable bags and waste containers are located throughout the resort.
- Pets are prohibited on the beach.
- Loud pets or constant barking will not be tolerated.
- All pets are required to have current shots.
- Disclaimer: Pets are NOT permitted in or at Rentals.
- Pet Policies
- Do you sell Six Flags Great America tickets?
YES! As Preferred Lodging Partners with Six Flags Great America, we sell discounted Daily Admission tickets for $46 each AND Season Passes for $79 (cash only). Campers, their guests and beach goers are welcome to buy them at the registration office. With advance notice we can accommodate group ticket sales as well. Call 847 546 2228 for details.
- When is Check In and Check Out? AND Can I Check-In early?
Early Check In? Call the office on your day of arrival at 847-546-2228 to find out if your site has been vacated from the previous night. If its available, we allow early check-in after 12 NOON at no additional charge. If an early Check-In is not possible because the site you requested or are scheduled to go on has not been vacated, your family is welcome to use the pool and beach until your site is available. (Check-In and Check-Out for Rental units is listed on the Rental Accommodations page.)
- Do you have WiFi? Yes, Overnight Campers enjoy free Comcast Wifi service in the Overnight Camping section near the pavilion. With Comcast services available throughout the entire property, Seasonal Campers may sign up for high speed internet and/or television services on a monthly or quarterly basis. They offer Seasonal Campers reasonable rates, without a long term contract or satellite dish. Our own Comcast representative, Dale Betts can make it easy to get service started. E mail or call Dale M. Betts Cell: 847-366-3646 E- mail: Dale_betts@cable.comcast.com
- Do you have swimming? Water recreation is a big part of the Fish Lake Beach camping experience! Seasonal Campers and Overnight campers may use the heated pool, kiddie pool, hot tub and lake. Fish Lake is open to the public for swimming, fishing and picnics. Click on Play for a day for daily admission, hours and details. Group Picnic guests may swim in the lake only.
For health & safety reasons the rules below apply to all campers, their guests and daily beach goers.
- In the lake: Swim in the designated area during posted hours only.
- Individuals under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at the lake and pool.
- No diving into the pool or lake.
- Obey the lifeguard and all safety rules posted at the lake and pool.
- The pool(s) and hot tub are campers only.
- Pool & lake open Memorial Day weekend if the temperature is 70 degrees or above.
- Fish Lake is monitored by the Lake County health department Memorial Day – Labor Day.
- Pool Hours: Open daily 9-11am Adults only; 11am-8pm Family Time; Closed 5-6pm
- Are fishing licenses required? Fishing licenses are required by the IDNR for individuals 16 years old and over. You may purchase a fishing license at Fish Lake Beach at the Registration office with a drivers license, previous license or student ID. Cash and credit cards accepted.
Can I go fishing at night? Shore fishing is permitted 6am – 11pm Monday through Friday. You may fish from a row boat until just before 7pm.
- Do you rent camping units? YES!
Rental Accommodations in our overnight camping section are park models, equipped with tv, kitchen, sofa, deck, grill, picnic table, parking for 2 cars, grill and more! We do not rent tents or other types of recreational vehicles.
- Tell me about boating on Fish Lake. Campers may bring their own boat for a $ 5 launch fee. Non-campers must pay the daily admission plus $5 launch fee to use a boat on Fish Lake.
We offer row boat, paddle boat and single or tandem kayak rentals from 7am-7pm on weekends, and 8am-7pm on weekdays. Boats must be on shore by 7pm.
- How many tents can I put on a campsite? One large tent per site, OR two small dome OR two 2-3 person tents. More than one tent per site adds to the overnight camping fee by $10 per night. A tent may not be put up on seasonal sites or RV overnights sites.
- How many people are allowed on a overnight campsite? Rates are based on 2 adults & 2 kids or less. Additional occupants $6 per person, per night. Maximum occupancy: 6 total 4 adults. Kids are considered 17 and under.
Note: Kids 3 and under are FREE but count in maximum occupancy. Camping rates and details are shown on the Overnight Camping page. Rental units have different occupancy maximums for comfort and safety.
- Do you have Group Camping? Our campsites are arranged in rows to maximize space and to allow adequate space and some measure of space and privacy between campers. When booking, you may request sites next to or across from each other. Weekends book up quickly so we suggest booking as far in advance as possible to increase your chances of securing multiple sites (next to or across from each other). See the campground map for more details.
- Do you serve food?
Concessions services a full menu of tasty treats.
- What are the Rules for campers? Camping guests and visitors must abide by Fish Lake Beach rules and regulations; most are posted around the resort and on this website. Overnight, Rental, Seasonal and Monthly campers must sign an acceptance of Fish Lake Beach rules as part of the registration process. If you have any questions call 847 546 2228. We want all guests to have a peaceful and safe experience.
- When are “quiet hours”? Quiet hours as follows-
- Weekdays 10pm-8am Sunday through Thursday
- Weekends 11pm-8am Friday and Saturday
- Where can I get propane? Propane is available for purchase at Fish Lake Beach Trailer Sales and Service from 9am-4pm daily. Call 847 546 4777 for details.
- Where is the nearest grocery store? 3 miles north on Route 12 there is an Aldi grocery store
- Are you a GREEN campground? Recycling is encouraged. Large recycling bins are located by the pool bathrooms-no need to sort. There are smaller green recycling receptacles throughout the resort, beach and common areas.
- Do you allow camp fires? Yes, in the campfire pit or ring on your site. Fires must be kept to a maximum height of 2 feet. Split logs and bundled firewood may be purchased at Concessions, located directly across from the beach.
- Is alcohol permitted in the resort? Alcohol is permitted in moderation at the beach and campsites. We do not sell alcohol.
- I’m under 21. Can I camp with my with friends? No one under 21 can camp without parent/custodian supervision present at all times. Rental leasees must be 25+.