Here are the answers to the questions we get most often!
- Do you allow pets? Yes, We’re Pet Friendly! We welcome your entire family, including your pets.
- Pet Policies
- Pets may not be left outside, unattended at your site.
- Pets MUST be contained or controlled on a leash at all times.
- Leashes must not exceed 6 feet in length.
- Owners must clean up after their pets. FREE disposable bags and waste containers are located throughout the resort.
- Pets are prohibited on the beach.
- Loud pets or constant barking will not be tolerated.
- All pets are required to have current shots.
- Disclaimer: Pets are NOT permitted in or at Rental Accommodations. This applies to guests and visitors.
- Pet Policies
- Do you sell Six Flags Great America tickets?
YES! As Preferred Lodging Partners with Six Flags Great America, we sell discounted Daily Admission tickets for $46 each or Season Passes for $79 (cash only). Campers, guests and visitors are welcome to buy them at the registration office .
- When is Check In and Check Out? AND Can I Check-In early?
Check-In is 4pm. Check-Out is 3pm.
Early Check In? If an early check in is desired, call the office on your day of arrival at 847-546-2228 to find out if your site has been vacated from the previous night. If its available, we allow early check-in after 12 NOON. If an early Check-In is not possible because the site you requested or are scheduled to go on has not been vacated, your family is welcome to use the pool and beach until your site is available. (Check-In and Check-Out for Rental units is listed on the Rental Accommodations page.)
- Do you have WiFi? Yes, Overnight Campers enjoy free Comcast Wifi signal in the Overnight Camping section near the pavilion. Overnight campers may obtain the password at check-in. The password is changed often for security purposes. With Comcast services run throughout Fish Lake Beach Seasonal Campers may sign up for high speed internet and/or television services on a monthly or quarterly basis. Reasonable rates, no satellite dish required, no long term contract! Our own Comcast representative, Dale Betts will walk you through the options and make it easy to get service started. E mail or call Dale M. Betts Cell: 847-366-3646 E- mail: Dale_betts@cable.comcast.com
- Swimming Water recreation is a big part of the Fish Lake Beach camping experience. For health and safety reasons these rules apply to all campers, their guests and daily beach guests.
- In the lake: Swim in the designated area during posted hours only.
- Individuals under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult at the beach and pool.
- No diving into the pool or lake.
- Obey the lifeguard and all safety rules posted at the lake and pool.
- The pool is exclusively for Fish Lake Beach campers.
- The pool and lake open Memorial Day weekend if the air temperature is 70 degrees or above.
- Fish Lake is monitored by the health department Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Are fishing licenses required? Do you sell licenses? Fishing licenses are required by the IDNR. A fishing license is not required for individuals 15 years old and under. You may purchase a fishing license at Fish Lake Beach at the Registration office with a drivers license, previous license or student ID. Cash and credit cards accepted.
Illinois Residents 24-hour ($5.50), Annual ($15), Senior 65 years + ($7.75)
Non-Residents: 24-hour ($5.50), 10 day ($20), and Annual ($31.50)
- Do you rent camping units? YES! We have Rental Accommodations located in our overnight camping section. Rentals are park models equipped with tv, kitchen, sofa, deck, grill, picnic table and more! We don’t rent tents or other types of recreational vehicles.
- Is alcohol permitted in the resort? Do you sell liquor? The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Alcohol is permitted in moderation at the beach and camping areas. We do not sell liquor.
- I’m under 21. Can I camp at Fish Lake Beach with my with friends? No one under the age of 21 can camp without their parent/custodian supervision present at all times. Rental leasees must be 25+.
- Can we go fishing at night? Shore fishing is permitted 6am – 11pm Monday through Friday. You may fish from a row boat until just before 7pm.
- Can we bring a boat with an electric motor? Campers may bring your own boat and launch it for a $5 launch fee. Individuals visiting the park must pay $6 admission plus launch fee to use a boat on Fish Lake. We also offer row boat, paddle boat or kayak rentals. Boats rent from 7am-7pm on weekends, and 8am-7pm on weekdays. You must have a life jacket for each person in row boat and can be rented for $1 each. All boats must be on shore by 7pm.
- How many tents can I put on a campsite? One large tent per site, or two small dome or 2-3 person tents. More than one tent per site adds to the overnight camping fee by $10.00 per night. A tent may not be put up on seasonal sites or overnights sites that have an RV.
- How many people are allowed on a campsite? A maximum of 6 people are allowed on an overnight camp site. Of those 6, no more than 4 can be adults. Overnight Camping rates are based upon 2 adults and 2 children. Children are considered age 17 and under. Children 3 and under are FREE but are counted in the number of people allowed. Camping rates and conditions are shown on the Overnight Camping page. Rental units have different maximums for comfort and safety.
- Do you have Group Camping sites? Our campsites are arranged in rows to maximize space and allow some measure of privacy between campers. Depending on the size of your camper, you may be able to get sites directly across from each other. Circular group camping is not possible. See the campground map for more details.
- What are the Rules And Regulations for campers? In the spirit of safety, peace and comfort of all at Fish Lake Beach, camping guests and visitors must abide by Fish Lake Beach Camping Resort rules and regulations. Most are posted around the resort and on this website. Overnight, Rental, Seasonal and Monthly campers must accept Fish Lake Beach rules as part of the registration process. If you have any questions call 847 546 2228, or when you are visiting – just ask. We want everyone to have a great experience at Fish Lake Beach.
- When are “quiet hours”? For the rest & relaxation of all campers we enforce quiet hours:
- Weekdays 10pm-8am Sunday through Thursday
- Weekends 11pm-8am Friday and Saturday
- Where can I get propane? Propane is available for purchase at Fish Lake Beach Trailer Sales and Service from 9am-4pm daily. Call 847 546 4777 for details.
- Where is the nearest grocery store? 3 miles north on Route 12 there is an Aldi grocery store
- Recycling is encouraged. Large bins are located by the pool bathrooms-you don’t need to sort. There are green recycling receptacles throughout the resort, beach and common areas.
- Do you allow camp fires? Yes, in the campfire pit or ring on your site. Firewood must be kept to a maximum height of 2 feet. Split logs and bundled firewood may be purchased at Concessions, located directly across from the beach.