- Do you allow pets? Yes.
- Pet Policies
- Pets may not be left unattended at camp sites.
- Pets MUST be controlled on a leash at all times.
- Leashes may not exceed 6 ft length.
- Owners must clean up after pets. FREE disposable bags are along main roads in the resort and Dog Park.
- Pets are prohibited on the beach.
- Loud or constant barking or aggression will not be tolerated.
- Pets must be current with shots and be healthy to use the Dog Park.
- Pets NOT permitted in or at Rentals
- Off Leash Dog Park Opened 6/18/17
- Pet Policies
- Do you sell Six Flags Great America tickets?
YES! As Preferred Lodging Partners of Six Flags Great America, we sell discounted Daily Admission passes for $49/ea. Season Passes for $81/ea. Campers and the public are welcome to buy them in Concessions, Cash only. With notice, we can accommodate group ticket sales. Call 847 546 2228 for details.
- Check-In 4pm Check-Out 3pm Early Check In? Call 847 546 2228 your day of arrival to find out if your site has been vacated from the previous night. If it has been, we allow early check-in after 12 NOON, at no additional charge. If not, you may use the pool and beach until your site is available. Late check out is not allowed. (Check-In/Check-Out for Rental units is on the Rental Accommodations page.)
- Do you have WiFi?
- Overnight Campers Get FREE Wifi service in the Overnight Camping section near the pavilion. The official, secured Fish Lake Beach Overnight Campers wifi signal is FishLakeWifi. A password to log on is provided at check in. Any other wifi signals are locked and/or not secure.
- Seasonal Campers Fish Lake Beach partnered with Comcast to make their internet and tv services available. Comcast fiber optic/copper cable is installed throughout the entire property. This allows us to offer Seasonal Campers high speed internet and/or tv programming without a long term contract, ugly satellite dish or cutting trees to enable satellite signals. Customer service from Comcast is supported by our own Comcast representative, Dale Betts. Have questions? Call Dale Betts at 847-366-3646 or E-mail at Dale_betts@cable.comcast.com
Do you have swimming? Yes! Water recreation is a big part of the Fish Lake Beach camping experience! Seasonal Campers and Overnight campers may use the heated pool, kiddie pool, hot tub and lake. Fish Lake is open to the public for swimming, fishing and picnics. Click on Play for a day for daily admission and hours. Group Picnic guests may swim in the lake. Rules below apply to all campers, their guests and daily beach goers.
- Lake swimming in the roped off area during posted hours.
- Individuals under 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the lake and pool.
- No diving into the pool or lake.
- Swimmers must obey the lifeguard and safety rules posted at the lake and pool.
- Our pool(s) and hot tub are for campers only.
- Pool & lake open Memorial Day weekend, once the air temperature is 70 degrees or above.
- Fish Lake is monitored by the Lake County health department Memorial Day-Labor Day.
- Pool Hours: Open daily 9-11a Adults only; 11a-8p Family Time; Closed 5-6p
- Are fishing licenses required? Yes! Fishing licenses are required by the IDNR for individuals 16 years old and over. Purchase a fishing license at Fish Lake Beach Registration office with a drivers license, previous license or student ID. Cash.
- Can I go fishing at night? Shore fishing 6a-11p Mon-Fri. Fishing from rowboats until 7pm.
Do you have rentals? YES!Rental Accommodations in our overnight camping section are park models, equipped with tv, kitchen, sofa, deck, grill, picnic table, parking for 2 cars, grill and more! We do not rent tents or other types of recreational vehicles.
- Tell me about boating on Fish Lake!
Campers may bring their own boat for a $ 5 launch fee. Non-campers pay daily admission plus $5 launch fee to use a boat on Fish Lake. We rent row boats, paddle boats and single or tandem kayaks from 7am-6pm on weekends, and 8am-6pm on weekdays. Boats must be on shore by 7pm.
- How many people are allowed on a overnight campsite? Rates are based on 2 adults & 2 kids or less. Additional occupants are $6 per person, per night. Maximum occupancy: 6 total. 4 adults per site max. Kids considered 17 and under. Note: Kids 3 and under are FREE but count in maximum occupancy. See Overnight Camping page. Rentals have different occupancy maximums.
- How many tents can I put on a campsite? One large tent per site, OR two small dome OR two 2-3 person tents can fit on select sites. More than one tent per site adds to the overnight camping fee by $10 per night. Tents may not be set up on Seasonal or RV sites.
- Do you have Group Camping? Campsites are arranged in rows to allow adequate space for a camping unit, car and site amenities. This spacing allows for some privacy between campers but we are not a primitive camping experience. For that, we suggest state parks. Their services, amenities and activities can satisfy campers who seek privacy over conveniences.
- Can we be located near friends? OR Book several sites together? You may request sites next to or across from each other however, the type of unit, tents or campers, may not allow for co-location. To increase your chances of getting sites near, next to or across from friends or family, book early. Booking as far in advance as possible will increase your chance of getting the dates, sites and proximity you desire. See the campground map for more details.
- Do you serve food? Yes! Concessions is directly across from the beach.
- What are the Rules for campers? Camping guests and visitors must abide by Fish Lake Beach rules and regulations; most are posted around the resort and on this website. Overnight, Rental, Seasonal and Monthly campers must sign Fish Lake Beach rules as part of the registration process. If you have any questions call 847 546 2228. We want all guests to have a peaceful and safe experience.
- When are quiet hours? Weekdays 10pm-8am Sun – Thurs Weekends 11pm-8am Fri and Sat
- Do you sell propane? Propane is available for purchase at Fish Lake Beach Trailer Sales and Service from 9a-4p daily. Call 847 546 4777 for details.
- Where is the nearest grocery store? 3 miles north on Route 12 there is an Aldi grocery store
- Are you a GREEN campground? Recycling is encouraged. Large recycling bins are by the pool bathrooms; smaller green recycling receptacles are throughout the resort, beach and common areas.
- Do you allow camp fires? Yes, in the campfire pit or ring on each campsite. Fires must be kept under 2 feet high. Firewood may be purchased at Concessions, across from the beach.
- Is alcohol permitted? Alcohol is permitted at the beach and campsites. Glass bottles are prohibited at the beach, please. We do not sell alcohol.
- I’m under 21. Can I camp with friends? Individuals under 21 may not camp without parent supervision at all times. Rental leasees must be 25+.
- Do you sell gift certificates? Yes! Sold in Concessions for any denomination! Gift certificates can be used for camping, concessions purchases and souvenir items.