We’re seeking energetic, hard working individuals to hire for season 2017 at Fish Lake Beach. Job openings include: Assistant Managers, Concessions Clerks and Lifeguards. Please note: many positions are crossed trained to help staff learn about Fish Lake Beach campground operations, offer variety and allow for greater scheduling options. Please read description and follow up instructions below.
24-32 hrs per week, April 1st-October 15th
- Assist guests in person and on the phone with all aspects of the customer experience in Concessions & Registration including making reservations, processing reservations, checking in/out, preparing and serving Concessions food, cleaning, processing retail transactions all while providing prompt and courteous service. General responsibilities:
- Respond to customers in professional manner, maintaining positive guest relations at all times.
- Learn and become proficient Campground reservations system, Astra.
- Learn and become knowledgeable about Fish Lake Beach policies, procedures, features, activities and amenities.
- Take a hands-on role in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitation, organization of Registrations and Concessions.
- Take a hands-on role preparing and serving food, and retail sales transactions as necessary.
- Help supervise 2-3 Concessions Clerks (whose primary function is food preparation, cleaning, boat rental, dispensing firewood, etc.) delegating, prioritizing and giving constructive feedback. You’ll work as a supervisor as well as a hands on team member alongside other managers.
- Communicate reservations and operations status with other managers and staff during shift (arrivals/departures, groups, guest requests, occupancy and general shift related issues, etc.).
- Work closely with all other internal departments, Trailer Sales, Maintenance and external services/vendors to accommodate guest service needs.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Education and /or experience in customer service or hospitality, travel, tourism or camping industry.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Personable, enjoy working with children/people.
- Exceptional guest relations skills, sales skills, basic math skills.
- Willing and able to function in fast paced environment.
- Able to coordinate and complete a number of tasks and transactions with accuracy and calm.
- Experience in reservation software; Campground Manager or Astra, preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as supervisor or assistant manager experience preferred.
- Experience in Hospitality, Campground, Hotel and/or Resort helpful.
- Physically capable of standing up to 8 hours during shift, lifting & moving retail stock weighing up to 20lbs. Schedule: 24-32 hours per week, will include some weekend, evening and holiday hours.Seasonal employment: Able to start in April 1st or soon thereafter. Some flexibility in schedule and hours (during training period) transitioning to 24-32 hours per week for the duration of the season-at a minimum, April through September 15th, if possible, through October 15thHourly wage depends upon experience. Please send resume to email@example.com NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
(2) Concessions Clerks
Duties: As a team player your duties will include preparing and serving basic menu items, taking payment for concessions sales, helping campers with boat rental, firewood, mini-golf, keeping service, preparation and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Requirements: High School Diploma and valid driver’s license.
Desired skills: Customer friendly communication skills, basic math, customer service experience. Must be willing to function in fast-paced environment and able to complete transactions with accuracy and a pleasant demeanor.
Interested? Call 847-546-2228 ask for Yvonne
Being a lifeguard at Fish Lake Beach means you’re trusted with the lives of others, so you’ll need to be extremely responsible, attentive, and patient. The ability to communicate in a friendly, calm and authoritative manner that helps patrons feel welcome and that facilitates compliance with rules that affect safety, is essential.
Your schedule will consist of shifts that will require you to guard the pool or the lake swimming area.
We’re looking for a Lifeguard with prior experience and the ability to work flexible shifts throughout the summer, though we’re willing to make exceptions for school-related obligations and timetables. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal communication skills, excellent skills in the water and reliable transportation.
Our pool opens May 26th and closes September 10th; our beach opens May 27th and closes September 4th
- Monitor pool or lake swimming area activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the pool or lake swimming area in hazardous conditions
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
- Monitor weather closely to ensure safety of beach, lake or pool patrons
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in and around the beach, lake or pool
- Learn to operate motorboat and apply boat safety when using on lake
- Monitor patron use of paddleboats, rowboats and kayaks, identifying and correcting any safety issues
- Current and valid American Red Cross certification
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Lifeguard experience preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
- Reports to: Assistant Manager(s) and / or Manager on duty
Schedule: 20-30 hours per week, will include some weekend, evening and holiday hours. • Shifts include some weekends, evenings. Beach hours 10a-6p; Pool hours 11a-8p.Seasonal employment: Able to start May 25th. 20-30 hours per week for the duration of the season-at a minimum, April through September 5th Hire subject to 30 day probation period. Interested and qualified prospects should call 847 546 2228 and ask for Yvonne. Please refer to this job posting when calling. More information about Fish Lake Beach can be found on line at www.fishlakebeach.com