Here are answers to frequently asked questions
Can we bring our dog? Here’s the scoop on furry friends-
- Campers may walk their dogs throughout the resort, but NOT in the picnic, beach and swimming area.
- Tent OR RV campers may bring dogs however, we do NOT allow dogs in or at rental sites.
- There is no additional charge to bring dog(s) camping.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at campsites.
- Dogs must be controlled, on a leash AND must be off leash while in our dog park.
- Owners must pick up dog waste. Free, disposable bags are located at doggy stations throughout the resort.
- Loud or constant barking will not be tolerated.
What is there to do at Fish Lake Beach?
See our themed weekend activities, amenities and beach page for details
How far are you from Six Flags Great America?
According to Mapquest, Fish Lake Beach is a 25-35 minute drive from Six Flags Great America. As Preferred Lodging Partners with Six Flags Great America, we are pleased to be near this popular, family attraction.
When is Check-in and Check-out?
Check-In for Overnight Camping, Rentals and Monthly camping is 4pm.
- Early check-in is subject to availability.
- Call 847-546-2228 on the day of your arrival to find out if early check in is possible.
- If your site is available and you wish to check in between 11-3pm, a $25 early check-in fee will apply.
- Check-in before 11am is not allowed.
- Check-Out for Overnight Camping and Monthly Camping is 3pm
- Check-Out for Rentals is 11am-late check-out for rentals is not allowed.
Do you have WiFi?
Overnight campsites, monthly campsites and rentals feature FREE WiFi service.
- The wifi signal and password are provided to campers at check-in.
- For security purposes, the password changes weekly.
- We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted use of our free wifi; performance issues will not result in refunds.
Seasonal campers may buy Comcast services for their seasonal site, including high-speed internet, tv programming and security.
- Comcast lines are run throughout the property to allow seasonal campers to buy short-term services without the need for a long-term contract or satellite dish.
- We have our own Comcast representatives Dale and Nicole! Email Dale using Dale_betts@cable.comcast.com
- By having our own Comcast rep there’s no need to call an 800 number or wait on hold. Nice!
Pool, Lake And Beach
- Daily 9-11 am Adults only
- 11 am-8 pm Family time
- Closed 5 pm-6 pm
- Adults only swimming 8pm-10pm unless another event at the pool
- Fish Lake Beach campers may use the heated pool, kiddie pool, hot tub, and lake for no charge.
- Our pool(s) and hot tub are for campers only.
- The pool opens Memorial Day weekend, May 26, 2023, if the temperature is 68 degrees or above
- The pool closes at the end of the day on September 10th 2023.
- Our lake and beach are open to the public May 30th-Sept 1st, on weekdays only, for a daily admission per person.
- Our lake and beach open for campers May 26 2023 – September 4th 2023.
- Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard is on duty at the lake.
- Beach Hours: 9 am-6:00 pm
- Fish Lake is monitored by the Lake County Health Department
Pool and Lake Safety
These safety rules apply to all that enter our pool or lake:
- Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard is on duty at the lake.
- Lake swimming is allowed in the roped-off area of the lake during posted hours.
- Individuals under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool and lake.
- No diving into the pool or lake.
- Dogs MAY NOT SWIM IN THE roped-off swimming area of the lake.
Are fishing licenses required?
Fishing licenses are required by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) for individuals 15 years old and over. We no longer sell fishing licenses
Shore fishing is permitted from 6 am-11 pm Monday-Friday. Fishing from a rowboat is permitted until 6 pm.
Do you have rental accommodations?
We have 4 park model rentals to use for 2 days or up to 2 weeks.
Each rental is equipped with TV, wifi, kitchen, sofa, chairs, deck, grill, centralA/C, picnic table, parking for two cars, grill and more!
We do not rent tents or other recreational vehicles.
Look to Cruise America for RV rentals.
Tell me about boating on Fish Lake!
Campers may bring their own boat for a $5 launch fee. Non-campers must pay the daily admission plus $5 fee to launch a boat on Fish Lake.
We offer rowboats, stand-up paddle boards, paddle boats and single or tandem kayak rentals.
Yes! To avoid disappointment we encourage reservations.
- Nearly every weekend and holiday is sold out.
- Midweek, Sunday through Thursday can also get sold out.
- We are one of the largest campgrounds in Illinois and our reputation for clean facilities, family-oriented activities and good customer service is well-established.
- We begin taking reservations in December 6th of 2022 for the 2023 season.
- All Camping Fees are subject to the 5% Village of Volo Tax.
- Click or call to make reservations 847-546-2228.
- Overnight camping rates are based on 2 adults & 2 kids or less. Additional occupants are $6 per person, per night. Maximum occupancy: 6 total. 4 adults per site max. Kids considered 17 and under. Note: Kids 6 and under are FREE but count in the maximum occupancy. All Camping Fees are subject to the 5% Village of Volo Tax.
- Rental camping rates are based on 2 adults & 2 kids or less. Additional occupants at Rentals are $10 per person, per night. Maximum occupancy: 6 total. 4 adults per site max. Kids considered 17 and under. Note: Kids 6 and under are FREE but count in the maximum occupancy. All Camping Fees are subject to the 5% Village of Volo Tax.
- A Tent or RV is required; campers, guests, camping occupants MAY NOT sleep in cars, trucks, vans or any vehicle that is NOT an RV. Anyone doing so will be immediately evicted without refund.
How many tents can I put on a tent campsite?
- Rates allow for ONE tent, a 2nd tent will be charged $10 per night.
- Our security team keeps tabs on additional cars or tents and occupants on each site.
- No tent, canopy or vehicle may obstruct or encroach on neighboring sites or security will notify the registered camper and/or arrange for the removal.
- Tent sites on the lakefront and across from the lake (V9-V14) are NOT laid out with a specific area for the tent.
- The total number of occupants of any overnight campsite cannot exceed 6; 4 of those may be adults.
- A tent may not occupy seasonal sites or RV sites.
- A Tent or RV is required; campers, guests, and camping occupants MAY NOT sleep in cars, trucks, vans or any vehicle that is not an RV. Campers that book tent sites must set up and occupy the tent. All other booking and rules apply. Anyone sleeping in vehicles will be immediately evicted without refund.
Do you serve food?
Yes! Fish Lake Beach concessions is across from the beach. The hours vary during the season. Please call 847-546-2228 before you go.
The menu includes pretzel bites, pizza, chicken nuggets, slushees, soft-serve ice cream, chips, candy, soft drinks and adult beverages.
Where can I view the rules for campers?
Campers and their guests must abide by Fish Lake Beach overnight camping rules; many are posted around the resort and on this website, however, we require all campers sign a copy of the overnight camping rules as part of the registration. Our rules cover common sense guidelines, like quiet hours and safe driving in the campground for peace and safety. With nearly 80 years running Fish Lake Beach, we’ve learned what helps create an enjoyable experience. If you have any questions call (847) 546-2228.
When are quiet hours?
- Weekdays 10 pm-8 am Sunday – Thursday
- Weekends 11 pm-8 am Friday and Saturday
- If you’re experiencing NOISE AFTER QUIET HOURS please call 847-546-2228. Our security staff will address the situation professionally and anonymously in order to enforce quiet hours.
Where can I get propane?
Propane is available for purchase at Fish Lake Beach Trailer Sales and Service from 9am-4 pm daily. Call (847) 546-4777 for details.
Where are the nearest grocery stores?
Jewel grocery store and Aldi grocery store are located approximately 3 miles north on Route 12. Woodman’s is located on the southwest corner of route 120 and route 12.
Instacart is an online service that offers delivery and pick-up grocery services from nearby stores, Jewel and Aldi. They also have a smartphone app.
Is there recycling?
Recycling receptacles for bottles and cans are throughout the resort, beach and common areas.
Do you allow campfires?
Yes! Campfires are permitted in the fire pit or fire ring on each campsite. Fires must be kept under 2 ft high. Firewood may be purchased at concessions, across from the beach. Campers may bring their own firewood however, we sell premium firewood bundles for $8 each
Is alcohol permitted?
Yes! Alcohol is permitted at the beach and campsites. Glass bottles or containers are prohibited at the beach, please. We sell adult beverages in Concessions.
I’m under 21. Can I book a campsite?
No. Individuals under 21 years old may not camp without parents on the property at all times. Individuals who wish to use a rental must be over 25 years old.
Will I get a satellite signal at my campsite?
Our campground has thousands of mature trees that provide a pleasing combination of shade and sun. Therefore we cannot guarantee satellite reception as part of the camping experience. We offer free wifi in the monthly, rental and overnight section that is password protected.
Can I stay at Fish Lake Beach year-round?
No. It may appear that park models are permanent homes, but they are not. Seasonal campers, a.k.a. licensees, utilize park models on their seasonal site year after year as their summer home, however, they do not live at Fish Lake Beach after our season ends October 15th. Other seasonal campers utilize their own motor home, RV or travel trailer on one of our seasonal sites, to suit their needs. Winter storage is included with the seasonal fees for RV campers. Regardless of which is used, a park model or an RV, each seasonal site has water, electric and sewer connection, and may not be used year-round.
Is the public allowed to use the lake?
Yes! The public is welcome to use Fish Lake and beach on WEEKDAYS. The admission and hours can be found on the beach page of this website.
Can I bring a Golf Cart?
Overnight, Monthly and Rental campers MAY NOT BRING A GOLF CART.
Seasonal Campers MAY bring a Golf Cart IF they meet the qualifications for and are in possession of a current, permanent state-issued Disability Placard or Disability Plate for the individual that owns and drives the Golf Cart. There is a Golf Cart Permit fee that must be paid each season and Rules that must be agreed to in writing before a permit will be issued and usage allowed.
Can overnight, rental and monthly campers have guests?
- During your stay you may park up to TWO cars on your site.
- For safety reasons, guests must park in the parking area by the pier. However, if you, the camper, have only 1 car, your guests may use the 2nd space to park at your site.
- Guest cars that are not parked according to these rules will need to leave the premises immediately.
- Guests must pay the admission fee, $6 per person unless it is a holiday, then the admission fee is $10 per person
- Guests must leave the premises by 10pm
- You are responsible for your guests at all times during their visit.
Do you have a DUMP STATION?
Yes! The dump station is for use by Fish Lake Beach overnight campers only. There is no charge to use it during your reservations.